Rental Application Process:
What to expect when submitting an application.
If you are interested in applying for one of our properties, please complete the rental application found below. Your application will only be processed once you have paid the nonrefundable application fee ($50/applicant) and the binder fee ($300). The binder fee is refunded should your application be denied. Should your application be approved, the binder fee is applied toward your first month's rent. The rental application below includes instructions and an overview of the process and requirements.
Please allow up to 3 business days before contacting us about your application. This allows us time to receive responses from references, employers, and previous landlords. We will contact you when a decision has been reached about your application. If it has been more than 3 business days since you submitted your application please contact us.
If your application is approved you will be required to make payment for the security deposit. This will take the property off the market. The security deposit is typically one month's rent.
Please review the following before submitting an application.
- Occasionally multiple applications are received on one property. Due to the online application process we cannot guarantee that multiple applications are not submitted simultaneously. Please be aware that the application fee is non-refundable and the property owner makes the final decision when multiple applications are received.
- The binder fee is refunded should your application be denied; this refund takes 3 business days to process. Should your application be approved, the binder fee is applied toward your first month's rent. The binder fee will not be refunded if your application is approved but you decide to not lease the property.
- Properties built before 1978 may contain lead-based paint. Please review this document for more information.
- We represent the Landlord as their Agent. This disclosure explains how agency works in North Carolina.
- All of our properties are non-smoking.
- Applicant's combined monthly income must be at least three times the rent amount.
- Only credit scores over 600 will be considered.
- Most pets are permitted contingent upon the payment of a non-refundable pet fee. This fee varies based on the property, but ranges between $350-$600. Some owners do place restrictions on pets based on breed, weight, etc.
- Generally we will hold a vacant property no longer than four weeks.
- The typical security deposit is equal to one month's rent. An increased deposit may be required based on credit, income, etc.